DAIR - Dawson Bridge
DAIR Big Sioux River Bridge (Hawarden)
Photo taken by John Marvig in January 2016
BH Photo #345330
Information comes from CMStP&P records at the South Dakota Historical Society.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Big Sioux River on Dakota & Iowa Railroad
- Sioux County, Iowa, and Union County, South Dakota
- Open to traffic
- Built 1900
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Dakota & Iowa Railroad (DAIR; D&I)
- Pratt through truss with pinned connections; trestle approaches on both ends of the main span
Length of largest span: 138.0 ft.
Total length: 585.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #T-574
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.05035, -96.49454 (decimal degrees)
43°03'01" N, 96°29'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/704053/4769452 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Hawarden North
- Inventory number
- BH 51955 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 16, 2021: New Street View added by Paul Plassman
- December 15, 2021: Updated by Luke: Added name used by railroad
- October 16, 2021: Updated by John Marvig: added information from SDSHS files
- December 1, 2016: New photo from Dylan VanAntwerp
- October 1, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- September 22, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added Build Date from Contractor
- January 9, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- January 3, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- October 26, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: Added categories "Big Sioux River", "Wooden deck"
- July 22, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway"
- April 5, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Pin-connected"
- April 5, 2012: Added by Jason Smith
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com
- Paul Plassman