BNSF - Bridge #448.11
BNSF Bridge #448.11
Photo taken by John Marvig in October 2018
BH Photo #437464
Originally part of a 3 span bridge over Mosquito Creek near Yorkshire, Iowa (Z-1510). Moved here in 1946.
Information comes from the Milwaukee Road Archives at the Milwaukee Central Library.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Tributary of Mosquito Creek on BNSF Railway
- Shelby County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1907 near Yorkshire, Iowa; relocated here 1946
- - Wisconsin Bridge & Iron Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Pony plate girder
Span length: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 80.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #Z-1482
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.63691, -95.52331 (decimal degrees)
41°38'13" N, 95°31'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/289833/4612540 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 78378 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 8, 2022: Updated by John Marvig: added information
- September 9, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad"
- October 29, 2018: New photos from John Marvig
- September 7, 2017: Added by Daniel Barnes
- Daniel Barnes
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com