A Chinook-based relocation failed due to the bridge being heavier than expected.
- Lost through truss bridge over Mud Creek on a local road
- Muscatine County, Iowa
- Destroyed by flooding
- Built 1897; rehabilitated 1936; Closed 1988 Replaced 1996, Attempted relocation failed April 1996; Destroyed by flooding May 1996
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 120.1 ft.
Total length: 120.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.2 ft.
- Also called
- Mud Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.57924, -91.02703 (decimal degrees)
41°34'45" N, 91°01'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/664472/4604940 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 78 N., R. 2 W., Sec. 12
- Inventory numbers
- IA 258140 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 40665 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 14, 2019: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- June 14, 2019: Updated by Luke: Corrected cause of loss + corrected info on failed relocation.
- June 6, 2019: New photos from Luke
- December 23, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Correction: Bridge was destroyed during a relocation attempt
- November 24, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builder, cause of destruction
- October 30, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added road
- March 1, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com