IARR - Albion River Bottoms Trestle
Not Looking Good...
Looking south; John Marvig photographed this bridge in 2014 when he came through to photograph the big truss bridge in the background. The bridge looked to be in fine condition then, but things have definitely changed in two years. The bridge has heaved up at this end and pulled away from the abutment. The bridge has twisted and is bowed to the west. It looks like the bridge is sagging in the middle; perhaps it has piles settling. This bridge will need some serious work or may need replaced before this section of the trail can be finished.
Photo taken by Dylan VanAntwerp in December 2016
BH Photo #374084
This bridge is just north of the large truss bridge that crosses the Iowa River south of Albion.
- Abandoned timber stringer bridge over backwater pond/intermittent tributary of Iowa River on abandoned railroad (former IARR)
- Marshall County, Iowa
- Future prospects
- Awaiting repairs or replacement for future trail usage as part of the Iowa River Rail Trail.
- Abandoned 2012
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Iowa River Railroad (IARR)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (MSTL)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Timber stringer
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.09780, -92.98520 (decimal degrees)
42°05'52" N, 92°59'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/501224/4660634 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 74930 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 27, 2016: Added by Dylan VanAntwerp
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com