IA14 Red Rock Bridge
This is the longest and tallest extant bridge in Iowa.
- Girder bridge over Des Moines River & Res. on IA 14
- Marion County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1965
- - Schmidt Construction Co. of Winfield, Iowa
Length of largest span: 143.1 ft.
Total length: 5,653.2 ft. (1.1 mi.)
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.41806, -93.10972 (decimal degrees)
41°25'05" N, 93°06'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/490830/4585172 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 35200 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 56110 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 51.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 20, 2019: New photos from Chris Meiners
- September 22, 2017: New photos from Chris Meiners
- July 20, 2014: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- October 21, 2013: Updated by Jason Smith: Added category "Red Rock Lake Project (Iowa)"
- April 26, 2013: Added by Luke Harden
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com