UP - South Skunk River Bridge
Oskaloosa Rail Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in August 2017
BH Photo #402432
Build date provided by ICC Valuation Summary Report, courtesy Doug Harding collection.
- Warren deck truss bridge over South Skunk River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Mahaska County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1901
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Iowa Central Railway (IAC)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (M&StL; MSTL)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Warren deck truss with trestle approaches
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 479.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.35527, -92.64904 (decimal degrees)
41°21'19" N, 92°38'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/529357/4578256 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 56165 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 15, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: added build date from ICC records
- September 13, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- October 27, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: added build date
- July 2, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- May 5, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added category "Chicago & North Western Railway"
- May 5, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Skunk River"
- May 5, 2013: Added by John Marvig