Lover's Leap Bridge
View to the west
Overview of the span
Photo taken by Fmiser
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #193244
Swinging bridge with four steel/iron cables. Lower cables support the deck, upper cables are hand rails and have railing fencing attached.
Park bench and information signs are at the east portal, located 2 blocks south of Highway 92 on 3rd street.
- Swinging Pedestrian bridge
- Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians
- First built in 1886, replaced in 1904 with a 160 ft span, current 262 ft span built in 1922
- Swinging. Wooden decking, steel or iron cable supports
Total length: 262.0 ft.
Deck width: 4.0 ft.
- Also called
- Swinging Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.27778, -91.36348 (decimal degrees)
41°16'40" N, 91°21'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/637057/4570885 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Columbus Junction
- 670 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 47975 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 30, 2018: New photos from David Shedlock
- March 8, 2016: New photos from Lee Smith
- March 7, 2016: New photos from Lee Smith
- October 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added alternate name
- February 3, 2011: Added by Fmiser