8th Avenue Bridge
8th Ave Bridge
Photo taken by Dave King
BH Photo #253730
Only one plaque still remained.
- Haunched steel stringer bridge over Cedar River on 8th Avenue
- Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1938; rehabilitated 1987
- - Cramer Brothers Construction Co. of Des Moines, Iowa
- Ned L. Ashton of Iowa City, Iowa (Engineer)
- Haunched steel stringer
Length of largest span: 116.1 ft.
Total length: 658.2 ft.
Deck width: 51.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.97129, -91.66556 (decimal degrees)
41°58'17" N, 91°39'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/610566/4647449 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Cedar Rapids South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 1270 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 56236 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 50.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 19, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- June 23, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Cedar River (Minnesota-Iowa)", "Ned L. Ashton"
- May 13, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- May 13, 2013: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com