RI - Monks Creek Bridge
West trestle approach looking NE
Photo taken by Tim Courtney in April 2018
BH Photo #426018
Total length is approximate.
- Abandoned TPG bridge over Monks Creek on abandoned railroad (former RI)
- Lee County, Iowa
- Abandoned 1980
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Keokuk & Des Moines Railway (K&DM)
- 1 Sp. 66' Through Plate Girder
2 Panel Open Deck Pile Trestle
Length of largest span: 66.0 ft.
Total length: 96.0 ft.
- Also called
- RI Br. #198
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.54451, -91.62188 (decimal degrees)
40°32'40" N, 91°37'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/616697/4489107 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 74233 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 30, 2018: New photos from Tim Courtney
- November 2, 2016: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added category "Keokuk & Des Moines Railway"
- November 1, 2016: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad", "railroad"
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com