Johnson Street Bridge
Johnson Street Ralston Creek Bridge
View of the west side. Taken June 18, 2013.
Photo taken by Dave King
BH Photo #256770
Stone wall along the creek was built in 1896.
- Steel stringer bridge over Ralston Creek on Johnson Street
- Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1930
- - Iowa State Highway Commission of Ames, Iowa
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 29.9 ft.
Total length: 32.2 ft.
Deck width: 30.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.66084, -91.52724 (decimal degrees)
41°39'39" N, 91°31'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/622617/4613168 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Iowa City West
- Average daily traffic (as of 1975)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 6460 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 51067 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 83.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 18, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- June 18, 2013: Updated by Dave King: Uploaded photos
- January 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Ralston Creek"
- January 24, 2012: Added by Luke Harden
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com