Fountain Dale Bridge
There it is !
After 30 minutes on dirt roads, we found this beautiful Grotto - all except the new bridge, that is.
Photo taken by Quinn Phelan in March 2012
BH Photo #228563
Steel, five-panel pin connected Pratt Through Truss Bridge
- Through truss bridge over Brush Creek on 261st Avenue
- Jackson County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Future prospects
- Made obsolete by a new bridge; old structure open to pedestrians only
- Built 1902
- - Clinton Bridge & Iron Works of Clinton, Iowa
- Steel, five-panel pin connected Pratt Through Truss Bridge
Length of largest span: 78.1 ft.
Total length: 114.2 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.2 ft.
- Also called
- Bluff Mills Bridge
Brush Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.17780, -90.57751 (decimal degrees)
42°10'40" N, 90°34'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/700071/4672358 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 85 N., R. 3 E.
- Inventory numbers
- IA 193470 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13707 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 24, 2020: New photos from Steve Conro
- October 9, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added category "Clinton Bridge & Iron Works"
- March 25, 2012: New photos from Quinn Phelan
- March 23, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added information and links
- January 23, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: Adjusted the information- bridge has been bypassed by a new structure