3 Rivers Trail - Gotch Park Bridge
Photo taken by Jason Smith
BH Photo #101803
Build date provided by ICC Valuation Summary Report, courtesy Doug Harding collection.
- Through truss bridge over East Fork Des Moines River on the Three Rivers Bike Trail at Gotch Park near Humboldt
- Humboldt County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians and bicyclists only
- Built 1901, converted for trail use in 1991
- - Detroit Bridge & Iron Works of Detroit, Michigan
- - Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (MSTL)
- 3 Spans Trestle (41')
1-158' Pin-connected, 6-panel Pratt through truss
10 Spans Trestle (136')
Length of largest span: 158.0 ft.
Total length: 335.0 ft.
- Also called
- M&STL Bridge #136
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.67829, -94.19855 (decimal degrees)
42°40'42" N, 94°11'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/401799/4725786 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 91 N., R 28 W., Sec. 19
- Inventory number
- BH 13656 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 21, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: Added Build Date
- May 15, 2014: New photo from Lee Smith
- August 16, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- August 12, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builder
- January 27, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Rail-to-trail"
- October 26, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: Added category "Town lattice portal bracing"
- September 26, 2005: Posted photos from Jason Smith
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Lee Smith - ljsmith_32 [at] hotmail [dot] com