New Oregon Bridge
Public Domain: Published Prior to 1923
BH Photo #349342
Contract price was $2,961
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Turkey River on Old New Oregon Road
- Howard County, Iowa
- Collapsed in 1933
- Built 1876; Collapsed 1933
- - Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, Ohio (also known as)
- D.H. & C.C. Morrison of Dayton, Ohio [also known as Columbia Bridge Works]
- Pinned, wrought iron Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 126.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.33665, -92.11765 (decimal degrees)
43°20'12" N, 92°07'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/571525/4798577 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Cresco SE
- Inventory number
- BH 69016 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 14, 2019: Updated by Luke: Merged build date from article, which actually seems plausible for once.
- September 14, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Corrected builder and added new info
- September 14, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com