Lime Springs Bridge
Old Photograph of Bridge
Photograph on display inside the office in the house at the Lidtke Mill Dam Site.
Photo taken by Don Morrison in September 2012
BH Photo #238743
This bridge crossed the Upper Iowa above the Lidtke Mill dam. A boat ramp exists where the north pier (or abutment) was. Another bridge is said to have existed north of this one, crossing what was then wetlands and is now a county campground. Unsure whether the second bridge was another span or a completely different bridge.
- Lost Whipple through truss bridge over Upper Iowa River on Former alignment of what is now Oak Avenue
- Howard County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge downstream of dam.
- Built 1878
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Whipple through truss
- Also called
- Lidke Mill Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.46487, -92.27920 (decimal degrees)
43°27'54" N, 92°16'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/558306/4812692 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lime Springs
- Inventory number
- BH 53465 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 21, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added builder + type
- September 7, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- September 7, 2012: Updated by Don Morrison: Added category "Upper Iowa River"