UP - Mud Creek Stone Arch
Information provided by 1918 C&NW Railway Valuation Field Notes at the Chicago & North Western Railway Historical Society Archives
- Stone arch bridge over Mud Creek on Union Pacific Railroad
- Jewell, Hamilton County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1902
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- 24'X48' Stone arch
Length of largest span: 48.0 ft.
Total length: 96.0 ft.
Deck width: 43.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.30966, -93.63682 (decimal degrees)
42°18'35" N, 93°38'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/447516/4684354 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 54860 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 18, 2018: Updated by John Marvig: Added build date from C&NW Bridge Records
- October 7, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- October 22, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: added build date
- April 20, 2014: New photos from John Marvig
- March 14, 2014: New photo from Luke Harden
- January 2, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added link to postcard.
- December 8, 2012: Added by John Marvig