RI - Mosquito Creek Bridge
Abandoned Mosquito Creek Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in September 2017
BH Photo #405471
The 1973 RI track chart lists this bridge as crossing Black Hawk Creek, which flows very close to the bridge, but this particular tributary of Black Hawk Creek is listed as Mosquito Creek by both Google Maps and several topography maps.
- Abandoned deck plate girder bridge over Mosquito Creek on Abandoned Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railway
- Reinbeck, Grundy County, Iowa
- Built 1904
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Keota Washington Transportation Company (KWTR)
- 4 Sp. 40' Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 160.0 ft.
- Also called
- RI - Black Hawk Creek Bridge
RI - Br. #601
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.32891, -92.61312 (decimal degrees)
42°19'44" N, 92°36'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/531875/4686368 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 57929 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 7, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- December 9, 2016: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added category "Keota - Washington Transportation Company"
- November 19, 2016: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added info from RI track chart
- September 10, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Corrected Name and added dimensions
- September 10, 2013: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com