Big Hollow Creek Bridge
Removed for the creation of Big Hollow Lake
- Lost pony truss bridge over Big Hollow Creek on 152nd Avenue
- Des Moines County, Iowa
- No longer exists
- Built 1909; Lost 2007-8
- Pony truss
Span length: 61.0 ft.
Total length: 61.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.95126, -91.22128 (decimal degrees)
40°57'05" N, 91°13'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/649707/4534869 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 71 N., R. 3 W., Sec. 17
- Inventory numbers
- IA 143700 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13388 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 17, 2021: Updated by Luke: Added more specific loss date guess
- July 24, 2013: Updated by Dave King: Updated status: Lost
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com