MILW - Scandia Bridge (1909)
One span of the bridge was reused at T-618 (Canton, S. Dakota).
Information comes from the Milwaukee Road Archives at the Milwaukee Central Library.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Des Moines River on Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway
- Dallas County, Iowa
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1909; Replaced 1914
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 135.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #Z-1154
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.84612, -93.83888 (decimal degrees)
41°50'46" N, 93°50'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/430358/4633031 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 97796 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 8, 2022: Added by John Marvig