CN - Boyer River Bridge #4
CN Boyer River Bridge #4
Photo taken by John Marvig in December 2018
BH Photo #441543
Originally built with a deck girder main span, which was replaced in 1961 with a through girder. West approach also replaced 1961.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Boyer River on Canadian National Railway
- Crawford County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1899, Rebuilt 1961
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Chicago, Central & Pacific Railroad (CC)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 77.0 ft.
Total length: 149.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.08580, -95.32671 (decimal degrees)
42°05'09" N, 95°19'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/307561/4661922 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83969 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 6, 2019: New photos from John Marvig
- January 1, 2019: Added by John Marvig