Spook Cave King Post
Overall view from the southwest
Photo taken by Matt Lohry in October 2020
BH Photo #484101
This is quite possibly the tiniest king post truss bridge Iíve ever seen that actually functions as a king post truss. This tiny little footbridge is on the Spook Cave and Campground property, and it carries a basic path over a little drainage ditch. It even has outriggers! The posts and the verticals are angled steel, and they are held together at the top with a single bolt on each side. This bridge sits next to the water wheel at the mill.
- Kingpost pony truss bridge over Drainage channel on Walking path
- Clayton County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Kingpost pony truss with outriggers
Span length: 6.0 ft.
Total length: 6.0 ft.
Deck width: 3.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.03146, -91.30998 (decimal degrees)
43°01'53" N, 91°18'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/637682/4765694 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 90906 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 24, 2020: Updated by Dave King: Added categories "Park", "Wooden deck"
- October 14, 2020: New photos from Matt Lohry