DME - Bloody Run Creek #3
DM&E Bloody Run Creek Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in December 2014
BH Photo #311333
Built 1916-1917 after a flood destroyed the previous bridge. Span likely was built by Federal Bridge Company. Through girder approach may be newer.
- Warren Pony truss bridge over Bloody Run Creek on Dakota, Minnesota & Easterm Railway
- Marquette, Clayton County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1917
- - Federal Bridge Co. of Des Moines, Iowa
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad (DME)
- I&M Rail Link (IMRL)
- Iowa, Chicago & Eastern Railroad (ICE)
- Soo Line Railroad (SOO)
- Warren Pony Truss and Through Girder
Length of largest span: 105.0 ft.
Total length: 160.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #R-8
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.04153, -91.20809 (decimal degrees)
43°02'30" N, 91°12'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/645958/4766984 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Prairie du Chien
- Inventory number
- BH 51376 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 28, 2021: Updated by John Marvig: added builder and build date
- January 2, 2019: New photos from John Marvig
- December 31, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- October 21, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Changed name
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Riveted"
- February 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Bloody Run Creek"
- February 21, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Pinned"