C&NW - Winnebago River Bridge
M&STL Winnebago River Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in February 2012
BH Photo #230642
Build date provided by ICC Valuation Summary Report, courtesy Doug Harding collection.
- Abandoned warren deck truss bridge over Winnebago River on Abandoned Chicago & Northwestern Railway
- Mason City, Cerro Gordo County, Iowa
- Built 1901/2
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Iowa Central Railway (IAC)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (MSTL)
- Warren deck truss (with verticals) with Deck Plate Girder and Trestle approaches
Length of largest span: 128.0 ft.
Total length: 208.0 ft.
- Also called
- M&STL Bridge #60
Iowa Central Winnebago River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.19490, -93.20166 (decimal degrees)
43°11'42" N, 93°12'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/483615/4782478 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mason City
- Inventory number
- BH 51223 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 16, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: added build date from ICC records
- March 8, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- October 27, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: added build date
- October 11, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: Added information on the bridge
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- April 25, 2012: New photo from John Marvig
- April 5, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Iowa Central Railway"
- March 23, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago & North Western Railway"
- February 7, 2012: Added by John Marvig