IANR - Shell Rock River Bridge (Clarksville)
Clarksville Rail Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in March 2015
BH Photo #317934
The 1973 Rock Island track chart lists this bridge as 475ft long, while an Iowa Northern bridge report lists the bridge as 461ft long. The data entered for the bridge is as listed in the Rock Island track chart.
- Warren through truss bridge over Shell Rock River on Iowa Northern Railroad just south of Clarksville and 0.3 miles east of IA Hwy. 188 Bridge
- Butler County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Trusses built 1921; DPGs built 1902
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Burlington, Cedar Rapids & Northern Railway (BCRN)
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Iowa Northern Railway (IANR)
- 2 - 137.6' Sub-divided Warren through truss
5 - 40' DPG
Length of largest span: 137.6 ft.
Total length: 475.2 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- IANR Bridge #177.7
RI Shell Rock River Bridge
Rock Island Bridge #1777
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.76812, -92.65842 (decimal degrees)
42°46'05" N, 92°39'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/527945/4735122 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 36195 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 29, 2016: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- March 14, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- September 11, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Edited photos and added info to bridge description
- April 19, 2013: New video from Dylan VanAntwerp
- April 10, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added category "Ballasted Deck"
- April 9, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builder based on plaque outline.
- April 9, 2013: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- October 18, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: This is a Warren truss with sub-divided panels.
- October 17, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- October 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added info
- May 27, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Riveted" and a link to RailPictures
- February 20, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Iowa Northern Railroad", added link to an image
- July 25, 2011: New Street View added by Jason Smith
- April 13, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added GPS Coordinates
- February 6, 2008: Added by Jason Smith
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Picture - Taken by Patrick Turner
- RailPictures.net - Image
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com