IANR - Beaver Creek Bridge
The area around the bridge is a gigantic swamp, so I had to walk in a big detour to the south to be able to reach the tracks.
Photo taken by Dylan VanAntwerp in April 2013
BH Photo #252790
The 1973 RI track chart has incomplete and incorrect information for this bridge. It only lists a 127ft truss span, completely omitting the approaches. The length is also way off, as the actual span length is 175ft.
- Warren through truss bridge over Beaver Creek on Iowa Northern Railroad
- Black Hawk County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1927
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Iowa Northern Railway (IANR)
- 3 Panel Ballasted Deck Pile Trestle
1 - 175' Subdivided Warren through truss
3 Panel Ballasted Deck Pile Trestle
Length of largest span: 175.0 ft.
Total length: 265.0 ft.
- Also called
- IANR Bridge #160.5
Rock Island Bridge #1605
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.56880, -92.50088 (decimal degrees)
42°34'08" N, 92°30'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/540965/4713053 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Hartford
- Inventory number
- BH 51929 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 26, 2016: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added/corrected info
- September 11, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added info from track chart
- April 26, 2013: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- April 25, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added build date & builder.
- April 25, 2013: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- April 17, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad", "Burlington, Cedar Rapids & Northern Railway"
- October 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added infor and changed name
- April 4, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Union Pacific Railroad", "Iowa Northern Railroad"
- April 3, 2012: Added by Jason Smith
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com
- Historic Bridges of Iowa