IANR - Bear Creek Bridge
One Line Only Now
Looks like it used to have a second line at some point.
Photo taken by Quinn Phelan in April 2009
BH Photo #136541
Western three spans built 1902 at Bridge #1688 near Waverly, Iowa; moved here 1959
- Deck plate girder bridge over Bear creek on Iowa Northern Railway in Shellsburg, IA
- Shellsburg, Benton County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- East 3 spans built 1902, west 3 spans built 1902 and relocated here 1959
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Burlington, Cedar Rapids & Northern Railway (BCRN)
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Iowa Northern Railway (IANR)
- Deck plate girder supported by limestone block piers
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 240.0 ft.
- Also called
- IANR Bridge #111.2
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.09214, -91.86883 (decimal degrees)
42°05'32" N, 91°52'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/593546/4660625 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 42213 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 11, 2021: Updated by John Marvig: noted original location
- January 4, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information
- August 29, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "Burlington, Cedar Rapids & Northern Railway"
- August 15, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- August 13, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added dimensions
- June 7, 2013: Updated by Dave King: Added builder
- May 11, 2013: New photo from Dave King
- October 5, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added build date(s) & alt name
- October 4, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Changed name
- February 13, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 10, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Iowa Northern Railroad"
- April 10, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Location
- April 4, 2009: Added by Quinn Phelan
- Quinn Phelan - qphelan [at] earthlink [dot] net
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Flickr - Image
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com