East Branch West Nishnabotna River Bridge
The replacement bridge, built in 1990, has a sufficiency rating of 56.9 and is listed as "structurally deficient" in the 2008 NBIS inspection. The daily traffic count is 20. Perhaps they should have just left the 1924 bridge in place?
- Lost pony truss bridge over East Branch West Nishnabotna River on Dove Avenue
- Audubon County, Iowa
- No longer exists
- Built 1924; replaced 1990
- - Iowa State Highway Commission of Ames, Iowa
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 100.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.76769, -95.03458 (decimal degrees)
41°46'04" N, 95°02'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/330885/4625984 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Manning SE
- Land survey
- T. 80 N., R. 36 W., Sec. 3
- Inventory numbers
- IA 68590 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 12847 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 10, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated GPS and Road Name
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net