DME - Paint Creek Bridge
DM&E Paint Creek Bridge
Overview. The sunlight was blocked by the massive hill to the right, successfully ending my escapade to get nice pics of this bridge. And Iowa is "flat"....
Photo taken by John Marvig in December 2014
BH Photo #311287
Builder courtesy of the Hagley Museum & Library, Phoenix Bridge Company records
- Pratt Through Truss bridge over Paint Creek on Dakota, Minnesota & Easterm Railway
- Allamakee County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1901
- - Phoenix Bridge Co. of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad (DME)
- I&M Rail Link (IMRL)
- Iowa, Chicago & Eastern Railroad (ICE)
- Soo Line Railroad (SOO)
- 1-140' Pin connected Skewed Pratt Through Truss
1-135' Pin Connected Skewed Pratt Through Truss
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 275.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #K-448
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.14761, -91.18484 (decimal degrees)
43°08'51" N, 91°11'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/647597/4778806 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Harpers Ferry
- Inventory number
- BH 51447 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 2, 2021: Updated by John Marvig: added builder
- December 28, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- December 31, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- May 16, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Iowa, Chicago & Eastern Railroad"
- May 16, 2014: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "I&M Rail Link", "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad"
- February 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Little Paint Creek"