Approach from Berrien County side. The bridge is on private property and is protected by a fence.
Photo taken by Becky Taylor in May 2008
BH Photo #196100
Current slab bridge that crosses the New River overflow was built in 1988. It is unknown if this bridge was still in use at that time.
- Abandoned bridge over New River overflow
- Berrien County, Georgia, and Cook County, Georgia
- Timber stringer
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.32989, -83.43639 (decimal degrees)
31°19'48" N, 83°26'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/268179/3468726 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 48498 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 25, 2011: Updated by Becky Taylor: Bad grammar in my description.