St. Marys River Bridge
St. Mary's River Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in January 2012
BH Photo #223055
Hand operated swing bridge carrying US 17 on FL/GA line. Requires a team of five to seven crew to manually open the bridge.
- Swing bridge over St. Marys River on US 17
- Nassau County, Florida, and Camden County, Georgia
- Open to all traffic.
- Built 1927, rehabilitated 2005.
Length of largest span: 101.1 ft.
Total length: 562.7 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.74143, -81.68795 (decimal degrees)
30°44'29" N, 81°41'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/434147/3401148 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- FDOT 740008 (Florida Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 12450 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 59.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 10, 2016: New photo from Andrew Penik
- December 10, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- August 11, 2015: New Street View added by Andy Peters
- November 24, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: NRHP Eligible
- February 25, 2014: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- August 26, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- January 8, 2012: Updated by C Hanchey: Added category "St. Mary's River "
- May 3, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- April 6, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Douglas Butler
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Andy Peters - anpete1971 [at] gmail [dot] com