S.S. Jolley Memorial Bridge
S.S. Jolley Bridge
Elevation of original bridge. Second bridge located behind original but not visible in this photo
Photo taken by Vespa Geek at Google Maps
View this photo at google.com
BH Photo #472592
The S.S. Jolley Memorial Bridge is a twin-span bridge that carries Collier Boulevard (CR 951) over East Marco Bay connecting the Florida mainland with Marco Island. The first/original bridge is a concrete girder bridge with steel plate girder main spans and was constructed in 1969 to carry two-way traffic (one lane in each direction). In 2011, a second bridge was built south of the original bridge to carry two lanes of one-way northbound traffic, after which the original bridge was reconfigured to carry two lanes of one-way southbound traffic.
The Jolley Bridge is sometimes referred to as the "West Bridge" by locals as it is the northern/western bridge to Marco Island (the Goodland Bridge is the southern/eastern bridge).
- Twin-span beam bridge over East Marco Bay on Collier Boulevard (CR 951)
- Marco Island, Collier County, Florida
- Open to traffic
- Original bridge built 1969; second bridge built 2011
- Concrete girder bridge with steel plate girder main span (original bridge); concrete stringer bridge (second bridge)
Length of largest span: 121.1 ft.
Total length: 1,595.2 ft.
Deck width: 33.1 ft.
- Also called
- West Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +25.96373, -81.70973 (decimal degrees)
25°57'49" N, 81°42'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/428948/2871860 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- FDOT 030148 (Florida Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 89351 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 94.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 22, 2020: New photos from Nick Boppel
- Nick Boppel - nickboppel01 [at] gmail [dot] com