17th Street Causeway (1998)
17th street Dutch Style bascule bridge
Temporary Bridge replaced
Photo taken by Douglas Butler in July 2014
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
BH Photo #287365
This old drawbridge is a temporary Dutch Style type, these types are constructed mostly in foreign countries like the Netherlands Belgium and other countries in the United Kingdom etc.
- Lost Deck girder bridge over Intracoastal Waterway / New River on 17th Street
- Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
- Built as temporary bridge while original was replaced.
- - Gimrock Construction Inc. of Hialeah, Florida
- Deck girder bascule
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +26.10040, -80.11947 (decimal degrees)
26°06'01" N, 80°07'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/588048/2887099 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Port Everglades
- Inventory number
- BH 61641 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 4, 2018: Updated by Luke: Noted that this was a tempory span, not an older iteration.
- October 4, 2018: New photo from Douglas Butler
- July 9, 2014: Added by Douglas Butler