Ashland Mill Bridge
CT 09M 1
Ashland Mill and bridge before the fire.
Photo taken by Chester Gehman July 1983
BH Photo #376679
The Ashland Mill was severely damaged by arson in March, 1994, and was demolished shortly after. Veteran's Memorial Park now occupies the area and the bridge was planned to remain in place after a rehab which never occurred. By 1999 the bridge was deemed unsafe and closed. With no grant money forthcoming, bridge was removed and stored in a parking lot near the town hall.
- Lenticular pony truss bridge over Pachaug River on Ashland Mill Access in Jewett City
- Jewett City, New London County, Connecticut
- In storage or disassembled
- Built 1886
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular pony truss
Span length: 65.0 ft.
Total length: 65.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 1, 1999
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.60559, -71.97809 (decimal degrees)
41°36'20" N, 71°58'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/251831/4610271 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Jewett City
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 99000407 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 61339 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 9, 2018: New photo from Chester Gehman
- June 22, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- January 22, 2017: New photo from Chester Gehman
- June 30, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Corrected County to New London County
- June 13, 2014: Added by Chester Gehman