Farmington Canal Heritage Trail - Dixwell Avenue Overpass
Former New Haven & Northampton, later NYNH&H "Canal Line." Abandoned in the early 80s and converted to a rail-trail in the mid 1990s.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Dixwell Avenue on Farmington Canal Heritage Trail
- Hamden, New Haven County, Connecticut
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1928
- - New Haven & Northampton Railroad (NH&N)
- New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 105.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.37784, -72.91462 (decimal degrees)
41°22'40" N, 72°54'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/674383/4582800 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mount Carmel
- Inventory numbers
- CT 00644 (Connecticut bridge number)
BH 62492 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 15, 2014: New Street View added by Ian Martin