Hancock Brook Bridge
Hancock Brook Bridge - North Truss
Photo taken by Ian Martin in August 2014
BH Photo #309429
Bridge is located on abandoned section of Sheffield St. It is unique due to the unusually wide roadway (two lanes, 21') on a short Berlin pony truss bridge.
- Lenticular pony truss bridge over Hancock Brook on Sheffield Street
- Waterbury, New Haven County, Connecticut
- Built 1884 by the Berlin Iron Bridge Co.
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular pony truss
Length of largest span: 53.2 ft.
Total length: 56.1 ft.
Deck width: 18.4 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 12, 2001
- Also called
- Sheffield Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.59590, -73.04836 (decimal degrees)
41°35'45" N, 73°02'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/662652/4606750 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- CT 5038 (Connecticut bridge number)
NRHP 01000353 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 36110 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 14, 2018: New photos from Chester Gehman
- December 2, 2014: New photos from Ian Martin
- November 27, 2014: Updated by Ian Martin: Added NRHP info.
- June 4, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: added town of Waterbury and a short description; some photos.
- March 19, 2011: Updated by J.P.: updated location
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Flickr - Oblique View
- Flickr - View Under Bridge.
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Ian Martin