Gilbert Clock Bridge
Gilbert Clock Company buildings in background.
Photo submitted by Chester Gehman
BH Photo #440712
Bridge provided access from North Main Street across the Still River to factory buildings of the William L. Gilbert Clock Company.
- Lost Lenticular pony truss bridge over Still River on abandoned access road, Winsted
- Winsted, Litchfield County, Connecticut
- Destroyed by flooding
- Presumed lost during flood of August, 1955
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular pony truss
Length of largest span: 75.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.92961, -73.05884 (decimal degrees)
41°55'47" N, 73°03'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/660942/4643782 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83994 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 2, 2019: New photo from Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com