Hartford Avenue Bridge
Farmington River Bridge
Photo from old postcard
BH Photo #530222
Lenticular through truss bridge linking Tariffville and East Granby.
- Lost Lenticular through truss bridge over Farmington River on old alignment of Hartford Avenue in Tariffville.
- East Granby, Hartford County, Connecticut
- Lost in the flood of 1955, it was not replaced and Hartford Avenue was relocated.
- Replaced a 2-span covered pony trus bridge washed away in June, 1892.
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular through truss
- Also called
- Granby Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.91243, -72.76396 (decimal degrees)
41°54'45" N, 72°45'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/685442/4642471 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 97589 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 20, 2022: New photos from Chester Gehman
- April 19, 2022: Updated by Chester Gehman: Corrected location, name, status and history.
- April 18, 2022: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- Geoff Hubbs
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com