South Main Street Bridge (1939)
Photo taken by Doug Kerr
BH Photo #178111
Replaced a steel pony truss which succumbed to the Great Hurricane of 1938. The present bridge, built in 1939, was submerged during the August 1955 flooding but has survived.
- Through truss bridge over Farmington River on CT 177 in Unionville
- Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut
- Open to traffic
- Built 1939 by the Phoenix Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1989
- - Phoenix Bridge Co. of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 224.1 ft.
Total length: 231.0 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.75595, -72.88677 (decimal degrees)
41°45'21" N, 72°53'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/675684/4624838 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- CT 1487 (Connecticut bridge number)
BH 12099 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 41 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 2, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added category "Riveted"
- March 19, 2011: New Street View added by J.P.
- Doug Kerr
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com