Rating:
3 votes

Turn of River Road Bridge

Photos 

Photo taken by James McCray in June 2013

Enlarge

BH Photo #264601

Map 

Facts 

Overview
Abandoned lenticular pony truss bridge over Rippowam River on an abandoned section of Turn of River Rd
Location
Stamford, Fairfield County, Connecticut
Status
Derelict/abandoned
History
Built 1893
Builder
- Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
Design
Lenticular pony truss
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 53.0 ft.
Recognition
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 31, 1987
Also called
Wire Mill Road Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+41.11310, -73.54514   (decimal degrees)
41°06'47" N, 73°32'43" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
18/622148/4552332 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Stamford
Inventory numbers
NRHP 87000798 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 56222 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • January 30, 2021: New photos from Patrick Gurwell
  • October 9, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added length
  • August 26, 2013: New photos from James McCray
  • May 12, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added city
  • May 12, 2013: Added by James McCray

Sources