I25 Frontage Road Little Thompson River Bridge
Photo taken by CDOT in June 2009
BH Photo #217050
Scheduled for demolition September 2012 as part of CDOT's FASTER Bridge Enterprise program. Design underway. Total cost estimated at $3.4 million.
- Pony truss bridge over Little Thompson River on the I-25 Service Road (Old US 87) in Berthoud
- Weld County, Colorado
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1938; Replaced 2013
- - Gardner Brothers
- Riveted, 6-panel polygonal pony truss
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 104.0 ft.
Deck width: 29.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 2002
- Also called
- Old US87 Little Thompson River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.30167, -104.98000 (decimal degrees)
40°18'06" N, 104°58'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/501699/4461240 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- Inventory numbers
- CDOT C-17-BN (Colorado Dept. of Transportation structure number)
NRHP 02001129 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 12035 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2011)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 45.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 26, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- December 9, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge has been demolished and replaced.
- October 12, 2011: New photo from Nathan Holth
- October 12, 2011: Updated by K. A. Erickson: Bridge is doomed!
- April 25, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- K. A. Erickson
- Nathan Holth
- Geoff Hubbs