No votes cast
UP - Red Cliff Eagle River Bridge
View from Water Street
Bridge is wide enough for two tracks, though only one tracks exists. Note "Rio Grande" painted on bridge. Rail line divides into two tracks at upper left (north).
Photo taken by Roger Deschner in July 2016
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #432486
Bridge is on "embargoed" UP Tennessee Pass Line. See "UP - Tennessee Pass Tunnel" for more information about the line.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Eagle River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Red Cliff, Eagle County, Colorado
- Intact on embargoed railroad line
- - Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad (DRGW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Pony plate girder
Span length: 48.0 ft.
Total length: 48.0 ft.
- Also called
- UP - Eagle River Bridge #5
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.50771, -106.37821 (decimal degrees)
39°30'28" N, 106°22'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/381513/4374026 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82433 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 1, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information
- August 1, 2018: Added by Roger Deschner
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
Heading towards Gilman on the rail line that I was following on satellite I saw a lot of landslides on the tracks.When and if they use this rail line ever in the future they'll have some rocks and dirt to remove.