McNairy & Claflen Manufacturing Co.
of Cleveland, Ohio
View Exhibit map
In 1864, Henry M. Claflen (1835-1901) & Albert McNairy (1815-) established the firm of McNairy, Claflen & Co. at Cleveland, Ohio.
The company was the successor to Thatcher, Burt & Co.
The company manufactured railroad cars and built wood and iron bridges "in nearly every state in the Union." In 1870, the company was reincorporated as Cleveland Bridge & Car Works. That company continued until 1896.
Conneaut Highway Bridge
(Ashtabula County, Ohio)Lost Post through truss bridge over Conneaut CreekReplaced by a new bridge
First Street Bridge
(Defiance County, Ohio)Built 1871Lost Post through truss bridge over Wabash & Erie Canal on First StreetRemoved but not replaced
O&M - Wabash River Bridge
(Knox County, Indiana)Lost Post through truss bridge over Wabash River on Ohio & Mississippi RailroadReplaced by a new bridge
Superior Viaduct (Old)
(Cuyahoga County, Ohio)Built 1871Lost Post through truss bridge over Cuyahoga River on Center StreetReplaced by a new bridge
Willow Avenue Bridge (Old)
(Cuyahoga County, Ohio)Built 1800'sLost Pennsylvania through truss bridge over Cuyahoga River / Old River on Willow AvenueReplaced by a new bridge