NWP - Black Point Bridge (1911)
Petaluma River RR bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #177545
Warren truss swing bridge with unusual truss configuration that looks to be a mix of Warren truss and Pratt truss diagonal elements.
- Warren through truss bridge over Petaluma River on Northwestern Pacific Railroad
- Sonoma County, California, and Marin County, California
- Open to low emission locomotives and cars carrying animal feed and lumber up north four to five times a week.
- Built 1911
- - Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Warren through truss swing bridge with extensive trestle approaches.
Length of largest span: 246.0 ft.
Total length: 1,440.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.11240, -122.50074 (decimal degrees)
38°06'45" N, 122°30'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/543766/4218403 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 11 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 46170 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 20, 2020: Updated by Luke: Added category "Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit"
- September 4, 2020: New photos from Geoff Hubbs
- April 11, 2018: New Street View added by Luke
- October 21, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Petaluma River", "Riveted"
- August 22, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- September 21, 2012: New photo from Jann Mayer
- November 15, 2011: New Street View added by Daniel Hopkins
- November 14, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added Construction Date And Updated Status
- September 13, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- News Article
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net
- Jann Mayer - jannmayer [at] gmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler
- Geoff Hubbs