BNSF - Topock Bridge
Colorado River RR bridge Topcock
Looking NE from CA side
Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #192266
Four 100-foot deck girders, three 350-foot Warren deck trusses; and one 50-foot beam span.
- Warren deck truss bridge over Colorado River on BNSF RR
- Topock, San Bernardino County, California, and Mohave County, Arizona
- Open to traffic
- Built 1945
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Steel subdivided Warren Deck Truss.
Length of largest span: 350.0 ft.
Total length: 1,507.0 ft.
- Also called
- BNSF - Colorado River Bridge
BNSF - Needles Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.71811, -114.48720 (decimal degrees)
34°43'05" N, 114°29'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/730106/3844658 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 46744 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 25, 2014: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- November 16, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway"
- November 16, 2013: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "US 66"
- January 16, 2011: New photos from Craig Philpott
- October 31, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com