Cosumnes River Pedestrian Bridge
Rancho Murieta pedestrian bridge
Google Earth image of private pedestrian bridge
Photo submitted by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #200219
A contemporary wood construction Warren truss bridge.
- Timber 3-span continuous Warren through truss bridge over Cosumnes River on Pedestrian Path
- Rancho Murieta, Sacramento County, California
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 2007
- - Quincy Engineering, Inc. of Sacramento, California (Substructure Engineer)
- Viking Construction Co. Inc. of Rancho Cordova, California (General Contractor)
- Western Wood Structures of Tualatin, Oregon (Superstructure Engineer & Fabricator)
- The bridge is a three-span, continuous Warren through truss bridge measuring 410’ long. It is made up of a 200’ center span (curved upper chord), with two 105’ side spans (parallel chord). NCSEA STRUCTURE
Length of largest span: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 410.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Cosumnes River Bridge
Rancho Murieta Wooden Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.49477, -121.08421 (decimal degrees)
38°29'41" N, 121°05'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/667071/4262451 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 150 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45395 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 5, 2015: Updated by Matt Lohry: Corrected truss type--this is NOT a bowstring truss bridge.
- December 3, 2015: New photo from Luke
- June 4, 2011: New photo from Craig Philpott
- May 26, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott