Bridgeport Covered Bridge 05-29-01
Photo taken by Larry Matthews
BH Photo #101317
Longest single span wooden truss bridge in the United States
- Covered bridge over South Fork Yuba River on Pleasant Valley Road in South Yuba State Park
- Nevada County, California
- Rehabilitated and reopened to pedestrian traffic
- Built 1862 by the Virginia Turnpike Co.; closed to traffic in 1973
- - Daniel Woods
- Virginia Turnpike Co.
- Howe through truss with arches.
Length of largest span: 210.0 ft.
Total length: 234.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 14, 1971
- Also called
- Woods Crossing Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.29274, -121.19491 (decimal degrees)
39°17'34" N, 121°11'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/655665/4350816 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- French Corral
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 05-29-01 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 71000168 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 11220 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 24, 2022: Updated by Will Truax: Removed Burr from the design description in that such is a misnomer.
- November 2, 2021: Updated by Will Truax: With the rehabilitation complete I updated status and the rehabb altered length
- October 4, 2021: New video from Will Truax
- February 15, 2021: New photo from Larry Matthews
- August 21, 2020: New photo from Larry Matthews
- December 31, 2018: Updated by Will Truax: Corrected Truss Type.
- April 12, 2018: Updated by Richard Doody: Added alternate name
- September 5, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- September 25, 2013: New photos from Larry Matthews
- March 21, 2010: New photos from Craig Philpott
- March 16, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added street view
- February 27, 2010: New photos from Robert Stephenson
- July 31, 2009: New photo from Craig Philpott
- March 19, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey
- November 23, 2008: New photos from James Baughn
- October 16, 2006: Posted photos from Larry Matthews