Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
BH Photo #164718
Pohono Bridge exemplifies the National Park Service "rustic style" of architecture through its use of a stone veneer to conceal its reinforced concrete substructure.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Concrete arch bridge over Merced River on Valley Loop Road
- Mariposa County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1928
- - George D. Whittle (Engineer - Buearu of Public Roads)
- Rocca & Caletti of San Francisco, California. (Contractor)
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 80.1 ft.
Total length: 131.9 ft.
Deck width: 26.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.71648, -119.66612 (decimal degrees)
37°42'59" N, 119°39'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/265002/4177704 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- El Capitan
- Inventory number
- BH 11102 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 5, 2013: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- February 1, 2012: HAER photos posted by Michael Goff
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER CA-90 - Pohono Bridge, Spanning Merced River on Yosemite Valley Road, Yosemite Village, Mariposa County, CA