NWP - Lagunitas Creek Howe Bridge
"The line was opened in 1875 and twenty years later, in 1895, the last major addition was made: A spur track which was driven three miles up Lagunitas Canyon to reach one more grove of virgin redwoods.
The spur, which left the mainline in the middle of a trestle,was called the Shafter Branch."
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over Lagunitas Creek & Road on Northwestern Pacific Railroad
- Irving, Marin County, California
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1875; Replaced 1930
- Howe through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.01779, -122.72427 (decimal degrees)
38°01'04" N, 122°43'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/524202/4207824 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 90943 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 19, 2020: New photo from Luke