Parrotts Ferry Bridge
One of two high-level bridges across New Melones Reservoir. Although both bridges feature a modern prestressed concrete box girder construction, both bridges are notable as two of the highest bridges in the United States.
The other nearby bridge is the Archie Stevenot Memorial Bridge on CA-49.
- Concrete segmental box girder bridge over Stanislaus River (New Melones Reservoir) on Parrotts Ferry Road
- Vallecito, Calaveras County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1978
- Concrete segmental box girder
Length of largest span: 640.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.03842, -120.45426 (decimal degrees)
38°02'18" N, 120°27'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/723410/4213137 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 89094 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 23, 2020: New photos from Nick Boppel
- Nick Boppel - nickboppel01 [at] gmail [dot] com