Photo provided by John Doyle
BH Photo #480050
Note the info from Yankee Hill Historical Society:
"On March 30, 1903, one week after the California Gas and Electric Corporation acquired the Concow Reservoir in the power company consolidations, the dam failed. ... The force of the flooding washed out the wooden covered Nelson Bar Bridge. The bridge was replaced with a steel bridge. (That bridge was torn down when Lake Oroville was filled in 1967)."