UP - North Fork Bridge
Poe RR Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2014
BH Photo #283159
Open spandrel concrete deck arch carrying single railroad track; longest reinforced concrete railroad bridge in the US.
- Open-spandrel arch bridge over North Fork Feather River on Railroad
- Butte County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1957
- - Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Western Pacific Railroad (WP)
- Open-spandrel concrete deck arch
Length of largest span: 307.0 ft.
Total length: 990.0 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
- Also called
- WP - Poe Powerhouse Bridge
UP - Poe Powerhouse Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.71661, -121.47050 (decimal degrees)
39°42'60" N, 121°28'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/631098/4397422 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Berry Creek
- 1061 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 51822 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 4, 2014: New photos from Craig Philpott
- March 22, 2012: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added category "Railroad"